I’m on a mission to get everyone following their creative dreams. Passion is contagious. I’m a seasoned writing teacher, I’m a life-long student and supporter of the arts, and I feel most alive in front of a group of people. Want to help your organization or students overcome their blocks and add more joy and meaning to their lives? I do too! From motivating young authors and their teachers with information and inspiration to coaching for professional artists and writers, I love to make a difference.
I taught for twenty years as a music and classroom teacher and elementary librarian, later creating and co-directing an arts-based school. I teach continuing education writing classes for teachers and perform in schools and libraries as well as frequently presenting at writing and Young Author conferences. My master’s project focused on teaching writing, and I’ve taught interactive writing classes and residencies.
Let’s talk about how I might help you. Contact me at email@example.com.
A partial list of writing conferences and workshops where I’ve presented (most of them multiple times) includes:
- Western Washington SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators)
- Oregon SCBWI annual conference
- Silver Falls Oregon SCBWI retreat
- Whidbey Island Writers Conference
- Orcas Island Writers Festival
- The Loft, Minneapolis, MN
- Oregon Coast Children’s Writers Workshop
- Writers on the Sound
- Washington State PTA Convention
- Northwest Institute of Literary Arts MFA Residence