I’m on a mission to get everyone following their creative dreams. Passion is contagious. I’m a seasoned writing teacher, I’m a life-long student and supporter of the arts, and I feel most alive in front of a group of people. Want to help your organization or conference participants overcome their blocks and add more joy and meaning to their lives? I do too! From motivating and teaching writers to working with teams of teachers and/or artists, I help people find and begin to dissolve the issues that stop them from reaching their goals and dreams.
Whether it’s an education, library, or writing conference, or a workshop for an organization, participants leave with tools and techniques, as well as increased confidence and ideas. I discovered that when I integrated the arts, hands-on activities, and other “best practice” teaching techniques like I did with younger groups, everyone learned much more and had fun in the process. This is why most conferences invite me back again.
Let’s talk. Contact me at email@example.com.
A partial list of writing conferences and workshops where I’ve presented (most of them multiple times) includes:
- Western Washington SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators)
- Oregon SCBWI annual conference
- Silver Falls Oregon SCBWI retreat
- Whidbey Island Writers Conference
- Orcas Island Writers Festival
- The Loft, Minneapolis, MN
- Oregon Coast Children’s Writers Workshop
- Writers on the Sound
- Washington State PTA Convention
- Northwest Institute of Literary Arts MFA Residence